I Hate Christian Laettner
The Duke of Hate We Still Hate
If there is any sports franchise that is unanimously hated by all, it’s the Duke University Blue Devils. Speaking of the Blue Devils, one stood out in his heyday and is still going strong. He now resides in the secluded Ponte Vedra Beach of Florida with his wife and children. However, that has helped his case, as he is seen wandering the waterfronts to boos and chants of ‘hate hate hate hate hate’!
The all new ESPN documentary ‘I Hate Christian Laettner’ has only popularized what was a dwindling star battling financial difficulty in his mid 40s. Despite all that, Laettner was more than a decent basketball player and is remembered more for his college basketball days than his trade in the NBA.
As a Power Forward for Durham from 1988 to 1992, Laettner was by far the best player in the game, and equally the biggest jerk in the game. In the NCCA 1992 Tournament, Laettner banked what is still considered as one of the most iconic moments in basketball against a very tough Kentucky team. That being said; how would you feel if someone were to tell you that Laettner shouldn’t have played in that game at all? That’s because early in the game, Laettner stomped on a Kenucky player who was already on the ground, with lean and mean intentions. What he had to say afterwards transpired to what is still going strong in modern culture:
“Kentucky fans hate me because we beat them, that’s as simple as it is. Second reason might be because I stepped on some kid’s chest during the game.”
This moment led to the inception of ‘I Hate Laettner’ t-shirts that were selling like hotcakes. In recent years, the ‘I Still Hate Laettner’ t-shirts have surfaced on the internet, a prime example of which is our store. Dedicated to all the haters who hate everything there is to hate about Christian Laettner, our store offers you the most affordable rates to hate a person!
Top Reasons to Hate Christian Laettner
- Played for Duke 2X NCAA Champion (1991-1992)
- Holds 4 NCAA Tournament records
- Featured in the Fifty Most Beautiful 1992 edition of People Magazine
- Made it to the Dream Team and won Gold at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games
- Kicked out Shaquille O’ Neal from the Dream Team
- Played with the likes of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen, and Jason Stockton among others in the Dream Team Managed to get an All Star Appearance in 1997
- Currently works as a Philanthropist and has an impressive real estate profile
- Has a hot wife! Ironically though, Christian Laettner has been seen marketing the hate apparel.
- That’s another reason to hate a guy who is taking all the hating as a good sport. what America feels unanimously for Christian Laettner – HATE!
Showing the single result